What is the world made of? : all about solids, liquids, and gases
Read and find out about the three states of matter--solid, liquid, and gas--in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Can you make an ice cube disappear? Put it on a hot sidewalk. It melts into water and then vanishes! The ice cube changes from solid to liquid to gas. This Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out picture book is a fascinating exploration of the three states of matter.
This clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, uses simple, fun diagrams to explain the difference between solids, liquids, and gases. This book also includes a find out more section with experiments designed to encourage further exploration and introduce record keeping.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
- ISBN/Varenr: 9780062381958
- EAN: 978-0-06-238195-8
- Utgivelsesdato: 04.08.2015
- Utgivelsesår: 2015
- Forlag: HarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Innbinding: Heftet
- Serie: Let''s read and find out science
- Språk: Engelsk
- Personer: Zoehfeld, Kathleen Weidner, Meisel, Paul
- Litteraturtype: Faglitteratur
- Emne: Fysikk
- Omfang/format: 32 s.
- Målgruppe: Barn/ungdom
- Alder: 6-9, 9-11
- Aldersgrense: 0
- Opplag: 0
- Utgave: 0
- Illustrert: Ja
- Sider: 32